Intellia Therapeutics Releases 2023 Corporate Responsibility Report Highlighting the Advancement of its Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Priorities
“As the leaders in a new era of medicine, we believe ESG principles support long-term value creation for all stakeholders that we serve, including our patients, employees, communities and shareholders,” said
Intellia’s 2023 Corporate Responsibility report highlights progress across the following categories:
- Commitment to Patients: Intellia’s mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments for people living with severe diseases. The Company is proud to have a patient-first culture and works closely with leading patient organizations to inform its research and development activities.
- Commitment to Employees: Investing in employees’ professional career growth and personal wellbeing is an important priority at Intellia. A wide range of learning and development opportunities and health benefits, including physical, mental and financial wellbeing, are made available to employees. Intellia is proud of the diversity of its employees and senior management team. In 2022, the Company expanded its diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) efforts with the launch of newly formed Employee Resource Groups.
- Commitment to Environment and Local Communities: Intellia takes its responsibility as a member of the local community seriously through its Cultural Ambassadors Program and other community initiatives. Although the Company currently has a small ecological footprint, it is actively taking steps to make a positive impact in protecting the environment today and in the future.
- Commitment to Information Security: Intellia prioritizes cybersecurity with oversight, accountability and training, in addition to ensuring the proper handling of one of the Company’s most critical assets – its information.
- Commitment to Corporate Governance: Good corporate governance is important to ensure Intellia is managed for the long-term benefit of its shareholders.
The Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee(NCG) is responsible for overseeing the Company’s ESG goals. In recognition of the importance of ESG, the Board of Directors regularly receives updates on the Company’s progress related to ESG initiatives. In 2022, the NCG also began to have an annual ESG-status update from management, which included progress being made on the Company’s ESG reporting.
The 2023 Corporate Responsibility report has included for the first time Intellia’s alignment with the
To learn more about Intellia’s ESG initiatives, please view the full report at this link, or the Events & Presentations page of the Investors & Media section of the company’s website at www.intelliatx.com.
This press release contains “forward-looking statements” of
Any forward-looking statements in this report are based on management’s current expectations and beliefs of future events and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially and adversely from those set forth in or implied by such forward-looking statements. For a discussion of these risks and uncertainties, and other important factors, any of which could cause Intellia’s actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see the section entitled “Risk Factors” in Intellia’s most recent annual report on Form 10-K and quarterly report on Form 10-Q, as well as discussions of potential risks, uncertainties, and other important factors in Intellia’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). All information in this press release is as of the date of the report, and Intellia undertakes no duty to update this information unless required by law.
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Senior Director, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Source: Intellia Therapeutics, Inc.